2002 Miami Rose Bowl T-Shirt
When asked what he thought of the 2002 Rose Bowl, University of Michigan coach Bo Schembechler remarked, “Didn’t watch it.” An absolute massacre by the Hurricanes, this game is marked by many as the low point of the BCS. Here’s why:
- No. 4 Nebraska was chosen as a national title contender despite not playing in the Big 12 championship game. The Huskers went into their last regularly scheduled game at Colorado undefeated. Still, they were beaten by Colorado 62–36, dropping Nebraska from No. 2 to No. 6 in the polls.
- No. 2 Florida lost to Tennessee in the ensuing days, the Colorado Buffaloes went on to win the Big 12 Championship Game over No. 3 Texas, and in the SEC Championship Game, No. 2 Tennessee was stunned by LSU.
- This left Miami as the undefeated and undisputed No. 1 team in the country but a host of other teams vying for #2. The BCS computers did not take into account when a team’s loss came during the season. There were also components for the strength of schedule, quality win, and margin of victory. With this calculation, one-loss Nebraska came out ahead of two-loss Colorado and one-loss, second-ranked Oregon.
- If all of this is confusing to you, join the club.
Anyway, this shirt rules. Buy it.
Fits like: L
Pit to pit: 22"
Length: 30” (front collar to bottom)
- Miami fans and alums (j/k, we all know Miami fans didn’t actually go there)
- Ken Dorsey, Ken Dorsey’s friends and immediate family
- People who love to see the world burn
- Sometimes vintage clothing fits smaller than modern clothing. Please see the measurements to see how this item will fit you.
- Please check the measurements carefully and contact us for any questions about this clothing before buying.